Categories

It's been a while...

Hey there!

I am back. Back to report from one of the greatest and most liveable places on our well-beloved planet earth.

- Australia -

Part 1: Brisbane



Currently I am spending my holidays (in between the end of school and the beginning of university) in my second home, Australia.
Since I came here as an international student to attend a High School on the Sunshine Coast (Queensland), I wanted to return eventually. I've made great friends back then, who I am now seeing again during my time in Downunder.

I did pause blogging and taking photographs for quite a while, but now my inspiration and especially motivation have returned.

So I will simply start off this post with summarising my experience so far.

I arrived at Brisbane airport Tuesday night, where a friend of mine picked me up. As I arrived at his place, I went straight to bed to kill off my jetlag (I had only dozed off occasionally within 25 hours).

On the next day we just caught up with the latest news and went out to a Chinese restaurant with his dear mother. I never knew that you can basically deep-fry anything you like. I had some of the deeply missed Honey Chicken and tried deep-fried ice cream for the first time (it is amazing, trust me).

Later on I met up with two of my Aussie High School friends (with who I stayed with for two nights) and we had a great time catching up.






The following day we started exploring Brisbane. What surprised me the most in Brisbane is the steepness of the streets. Where I come from (Northern Germany) everything is flat, which explains my astonishment...
We headed to Southbank which is near the CBD of Brisbane. I especially love the flower-seamed walkway that leads through the Southbank Parklands. We had lunch at the Mexican restaurant Guzman y Gomez and visited a market which had been organized in front of Queen Street (Brisbane's central shopping street).






In the afternoon we drove up to Mount Coot-tha to watch the sun go down and take a look at the skyline.



The day was then topped off with a delicious meat pie and another chat with the girls.

Next up: Sunshine Coast

Greetings from Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment